Three weeks ago, our global Jury met at Fabrica in Italy to review all of the shortlisted entries and choose the best examples of Interaction Design for 2014. It was a daunting task to select up to five finalists per category, but our amazing jury was up to the challenge. We’re pleased to announce the finalists of the 2014 Interaction Awards, all of whom will be celebrated at Interaction14 in Amsterdam 5-8 of February, 2014. Best in Category, Best Concept, Best Student, Best in Show and the winner of the People’s Choice Award (all 91 shortlisted projects are eligible, with voting starting first week of January 2014) will be announced live at the Interaction Awards Celebration on Saturday evening, 8th of February. This will be a wonderful way to close out Interaction14 and celebrate.
Congratulations to the 2014 Interaction Awards finalists!
Making daily activities more efficient.
- Delta Brand Transformation, AKQA, Professional, US
- SAP Scouting, SAP Labs LLC, Professional, US
- Swegon IQ-Navigator – A Handheld Control Unit, Veryday, Professional, SE
- Terrarium – living maps, IUAV University of Venice, Student, IT
Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning.
- Addicted Products, TU Delft / Haque Design Research, Student, IT
- Gallery One, Professional, US
- Megaphone, The National Film Board of Canada, Professional, CA
- Storsjöodjurscenter – an interactive monster laboratory, Unsworn Industries, Professional, SE
- Walls Have Ears, Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design, Student, DK
Enabling people to go beyond their limits.
- Fittle, National Institute of Design, Student, IN
- Juice Box, Artefact, Professional, US
- Ledger Link, Grameen Foundation AppLab, Professional, UG
- Pivot, Public Practice Studio at the University of Washington, Student, US
- Scritch, Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design, Student, JP
Encouraging self expression and/or creativity.
- Adobe Kuler iPhone App, Adobe Systems, Inc., Professional, US
- Dr. Wagon, Stanford University – Transformative Learning Technologies Laboratory, Student, US
- Iterazer, Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle, Student, DE
- Personal Billboard: Expression for the Here & Now, Intel Labs & Teague Design, Professional, US
Facilitating communication between people and communities.
- The Emerging Issues Commons, Second Story Interactive Studios, Professional, US
- KonneKt: a social game for isolated children in the hospital, Delft University of Technology, Student, NL
- MetaCancer’s Mosaic, Intuitive Company, Professional, US
- The Redesigned NYC.gov, Huge, Professional, US
Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets.
- Avena+ Test Bed, Royal College of Art, Student, GB
- Fisher-Price® Little People™ Apptivity™ Barnyard, Fisher-Price, Professional, US
- goBalto Tracker 2.0, goBalto, Inc., Professional, US
- Public Health England – Longer Lives, SapientNitro + Public Health England, Professional, GB
- RCS 5 Boomer, Atlas Copco, Professional, SE
Special thanks again to Fabrica
for being a sponsor to the Interaction Awards and hosting the jury weekend. We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam at Interaction14