Want to help the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) find and recognize the best interaction design in the world today? Now is the time to raise your hand to be considered for the role of Co-Chair for 2022 Interaction Awards.
IxDA is a community of doers and makers, so if you watched the 2021 Award Ceremony and thought to yourself, “I’d love to help make the awards program even better,” now’s your chance to step up. Volunteer to lead the program as Co-Chair or lend your skills and time on one of the many work streams for the 2022 awards program.
Why the Interaction Awards matter for our community
Interaction design is about people: how people interact with each other, and how people interact with the world around them. The Interaction Awards celebrate the work done by interaction designers every day, to create meaningful relationships between people and the products and services that they use. The Awards recognize and promote recent outstanding works across domains, platforms, and cultures, highlighting the best examples of interaction design from around the world.
For over a decade, the Interaction Awards have celebrated excellence in Interaction Design. By recognizing and honoring best-in-class work, from all over the world, by individuals, companies, and students, we elevate our craft and the perception of our craft.
Expectations for the Awards Co-Chair role
Co-Chairing the Awards program is not easy. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable leading with charismatic authority since you and everyone else on the team are volunteers.
Here are the main expectations for the Awards Co-Chair role:
- Able to devote between 5-10 hours a week in meetings and working on team priorities and deliverables from April 2021 to April 2022.
- Able to assemble and manage a diverse, global team of volunteers across multiple work streams and timezones (it helps if you have a lot of friends in the IxDA community or can make friends quickly!)
- Willingness to strive towards diversity and inclusion benchmarks.
- Ability to balance practicality and aspirations from a wide range of inputs to evolve the awards program to best serve the diverse IxDA community.
- Accountable for delivering key outcomes throughout the year, as determined by you, your team, and IxDA leadership.
- Communicating and updating progress to the Executive Director and IxDA Board
Apply to lead!
Think you’ve got what it takes to lead this important program? Submit your application to be the 2022 Awards Co-Chair by March 15, 2021.